Joseph in the hands of God
In the old testament we read about Joseph, the son of Isaac about how God arranged for young Joseph to go to Egypt. He was transformed through a series of events spanning many years to become 2nd to Pharaoh, who was one of the most powerful people in those times. God had foreseen the famine that was to hit the land, and he wanted to place Joseph in a vantage position so that he could be used to save his entire family. But during the forming process, Joseph went through many painful seasons, but he did not loose heart or his trust in God…
- He was sold as a slave by his own brothers
- He worked a slave in Potiphar’s house more than 10 years, where he was tempted and tried but he was able to overcome those trials
- Then he was in jail for more than 2 years for no fault of his
- But the jail became his breaking point, the turning point in his life
God gave him the power to interpret Pharaoh’s dreams, and Pharaoh appointed him as second in command in Egypt. And this allowed him to save rest of his family from the horrible famine that had hit his home land.
Although while he was a slave or when he was in jail, he did not understand the reasons. or intentions of God, but he chose to do what is right.
This is an amazing instance of how God prepared Joseph for a much greater purpose than what he or his family would have ever dreamed of.
Yes, you may be going through some very tough times, you may not understand why, and may not have the answers but continue to do what is right and trust in God and allow God to shape you through the process. You will see that it was all worth while and it will be sweet at the end.
We can see God’s divine providence as he was molding and preparing Joseph for a greater mission, like wise God has plans for you. It says in Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Becoming the perfect clay in the hands of the potter
So in summary, here is what you need to do, and do more if you think you are already doing…
- Be Soft and Pliable – Humility and Obedience to the Word
- Have our Spiritual Eyes and Ears Open
- Openness to the word– God can use anyone to send a message or word to you, don’t care much about who he uses, but care about the message he wants to convey and act on it
- Readiness to be formed- Accept whatever the Lord “allows” in your life it is for your good
- Open to the guidance of Holy Spirit
- It may be painful in the short term
- Consistency and Purity- Hold on to Commitments made, and strive for Holiness
- Humility & Strength – if you want to achieve his purpose in your lives, while you need humility you also need strength to face the powers of darkness that comes your way to confuse you, to push you off your tracks, and courage to make some bold decisions, which may seem tough but is very much needed for your success.
- Clarity on the word of God, and ability and desire to learn the word
- Shun evil, and do what is right in the sight of God
- Pray fervently – It is like having the right level of moistness in the clay to make it pliable
If this passage has touched your life, please pray this prayer with me…
O Lord God, I commit myself as clay in the hands of a potter, which is you. Please mold me and make me as per your will. There are
many weaknesses in me, which at times makes me to crumble. But help to learn your word, apply it in my life and spe
nd more time in prayer in your presence. I understand that the there are things that have transpired in my life, which I did not very much understand, but I know that you are in control and it is all for my good. You are shaping me for a much greater mission, I would like to allow your will in my life.
Help me lord to have the extent of humility desired of me, while I also have the strength needed to withstand the powers of evil forces that try to set me off track. Give me the courage to make some bold decisions, and make changes needed in my life to cleanse my life of impurities. I know with you all things are possible and you have a great vision about my life.
Thank you Lord, as you continue to shape me to make me a better person, and to make me into a useful vessel in your hands….Amen!
CLICK FOR PART-I