- Have I forgiven myself for mistakes that I have made? If Jesus has forgiven me my sins, how can I not forgive myself, and all those people who have hurt me? Whose voice do I listen to, the evil one who stirs up anger and bitterness in my heart, or Jesus’s voice who leads me to peace? See Psalm 22 and Isaiah 43:25 (KJV) 25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.
- If I haven’t made peace with a person who has died what can I do? See John 14:6King James Version (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. and John 10:27 (KJV) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
- What can happen to me if I don’t forgive, what are the consequences? See Matthew 18: 21-35 and Matthew 6:12 (KJV) 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors and Matthew 6:15(KJV) 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
- Shouldn’t someone be reconciled before going to Communion or the Lord’s Supper? Matthew 5:24 (KJV)24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. Ask Jesus to help you forgive those who have hurt you and Bless them. Say “Jesus I forgive ….. with your love, for they know not what they do and I set ….. free and please Bless…… See Luke 23:34 (KJV) Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
- If I had an argument with someone, did I ask the Lord Jesus Christ if I was in the wrong and if so, did I apologize to that person? If I want to be reconciled to the person I hurt, but he refuses to be reconciled with me, what should I do?
Written by Marie-Helene and Dominic Bradshaw
e-mail [email protected]